Wednesday 27 May 2015

Presentation online

As a prelude to your projects, I gave a broad talk on tilings and patterns on wednesday 27 May 11:30-13:00. You find the slides in pdf format in the right hand side margin. Please note that I did not discuss the slides on pages 37-67. I chose to leave these slides in as they may contain starting points for people on projects regarding aperiodic tilings. Possible directions for projects can be found on the final two pages 68 and 69. These suggestions should by no means limit your ambition and I am willing to consider alternative proposals for your project as well. I think that it is essential, though, that you run your projects and plans by my for approval in principle (I will provide concrete deadlines later), so that I can make sure you are on track to be able to finish your project in time.

In a few moments I will post more information about literature resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment